All property photos
Click to View
loading your dream home...
Views, view, views! Perched at the top of Glen Park, this three level townhome has spectacular West facing Bay and Downtown views on one side AND views of San Francisco from the other side.
The light filled home features an updated kitchen leading to the open floor plan with the dining room opening to the living room complete with a wood burning fireplace and two decks to enjoy a cup of coffee while taking in the spectacular views. Also on this level is one of the three bedrooms with custom built ins, perfect for a home office and incredible downtown and water views. There is also a full bathroom on this level. The middle level has two additional bedrooms with views, including the primary bedroom with en suite bathroom and an additional bathroom. Hardwood floors throughout as well as plantation shutters. There is a sunny outdoor patio perfect for outdoor gatherings and dining. Washer/dryer, additional storage room and two car side by side parking. Close to Walter Haas Playground, Diamond Heights Shopping Center, Glen Park Village, BART and easy freeway access.
The first named streets in Glen Park were mapped in 1872 on land that had been occupied by milch rancher (ie, dairy farmer) George Ulshofer as early as 1859 or 1860. The route of the Old San Jose Road through the district (also known as the El Camino Real) would become the future streets of Diamond and Chenery, so the route was already well known and well traveled.
In 1897, realtor Archibald S. Baldwin of the agency Baldwin & Howell had a plan for developing a new residential district. While the remote district had been made more accessible with the opening of the San Francisco and San Mateo Electric Railway in 1892 by Behrend Joost, Baldwin needed an enticement to attract potential buyers to the region. Baldwin owned some of the lands in the district and also managed adjacent lands for the Crocker Estate.
It was Baldwin who came up with the name of "Glen Park" for the district. The first use of “Glen Park” was when Baldwin announced the organization of the Glen Park Company in 1897, with the sole purpose of opening and managing a zoological gardens. His 145-acre pleasuring grounds and zoo became known as Glen Park and the Mission Zoo. Opening in 1898, it attracted 8,000 to 15,000 people each weekend for its vaudeville shows, daring aeronautic displays, sporting events, and animal exhibits. In 1899 with the pleasuring grounds a success, Baldwin began auctioning his home lots, Glen Park Terrace, located along Glen Avenue (today’s Chenery Street between Diamond and Elk Streets). Because of difficulties encountered in the management of Glen Park and the Mission Zoo, as well as weak sales of Glen Park Terrace home lots, Baldwin divested all of his holdings in 1901, with much of the land being transferred to the California Title Company and the Crocker Estate. The Crocker Estate would continue to manage the main grounds of Glen Park and the Mission Zoo in today’s Glen Canyon as a private picnic and pleasuring grounds until 1922, when the land was finally transferred to the City and County of San Francisco. They began releasing home lots surrounding Glen Canyon after the San Francisco Earthquake in 1906, when the population of Glen Park exploded with new residents who had been displaced by the catastrophe.
Transit through Glen Park began had started with the San Francisco and San Mateo Electric Railway opening access to southern areas of the city. Transit was improved further in 1916, when the SF & SM was acquired by the San Francisco Municipal Railway. A branch of the San Francisco Public Library opened in 1927. Today, transit is provided by the Glen Park BART station, the J Church line of the Muni Metro, and several Muni bus lines. Interstate 280 is also nearby.
Because of Glen Park's small size and mom and pop businesses, the neighborhood is sometimes described as having a village atmosphere. Public spaces include Walter Haas Playground, Billy Goat Hill Park, and Fairmount Plaza.